Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:40:07 -0600

> It does include the viewfinder, whether or not you want it.  Trouble is, I
> can get a pretty decent discount on Panasonic gear, but not on Olympus --
> hence my indecision.

What a crazy world we live in. Imagine having TWO cameras of this type to
choose from. Had there not been a GF1, the EP-1/2 would be a slam dunk. Had
there not been an EP-1/2, the GF1 would be a slam dunk.

Pick one and smile. They're all winners.

The Panasonic lens is definitely better, but I'm not going to pick one
camera over the other based solely on that. What you are buying into is a
"system," not a single, stand-alone camera-lens combination.  If you want to
buy the Panasonic lens, buy the Panasonic camera. If that particular lens
isn't THE reason to buy m43 for you, then I'd recommend the Olympus.

AG