Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: When is Voigtländer going to wake up? (Micro 4/3)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:09:08 +0000
Dawid

I agree that it would be exciting to have CV do stuff for the m4/3 range, but
there would be 2 obstacles:

1.      Crop factor would cause extra obstacles.
2.      You would have to be a keen photog to want to use stop-down metering
all the time.

And ...

Where have you found that the 20/1.7 needs a load of correction in software?

And your point about the M-Zuiko 17/2.8: what do you mean by "compromised
retrofocus design"?

[I have the Panasonic LX3 which needs quite a bit of correction, particularly
at the wide end (24mm equivalent), so it would come as no surprise that the
20mm was similarly designed.  And I have read your previous posts about the
fringing produced by the 17mm.]

Chris