Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:25:43 +0800
NI can remove pattern noise as long as the pattern is not of a big size, it
is rather ok but not perfect in removing the pattern noise in 5D II. Banding
is another issue I think NI is not capable to do.

Just found another phenomenon, when I shot a dark frame at the same ISO and
shutter speed (ISO125, 1/8s) of the problem image. The dark frame came out
totally dark even I push it two stops so I can't use the dark frame
subtraction method to cancel the pattern.

The pattern noise only appear on the area that is not totally dark so it
doesn't like a hardware (circuit noise) problem, may be a firmware update
can really solve it?

C.H.Ling