Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it. II, with pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh dear, I did it. II, with pictures
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 03:52:23 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:
> Those shots look rather attractive, Moose.  I'm sure that it's your skill in
> using the camera's system, but there does seem to be a good deal of dynamic
> range available: the shot of 2 conifers at 0036 seems to hold good detail in
> shadows with a bright scene beyond.

Thanks! I hope you like the newer version better.

> And I do like the bay scene at 0010; when I first viewed it, yesterday, I
> thought that it was a view from your place, but I now gather that Blake House
> is a "pretty place" somewhere away from home.

We would have a similar view, from higher up, but there are lots of
trees, so ours is "filtered". Blake House is the official residence of
the President of the University of California. Also used for various
gatherings, although in neither use at the moment, as it is slated for
extensive repair/renovation. It's one of a pair of private houses which
were donated on the owners' deaths, one to UC and the other to an order
of Cloistered nuns.

The university uses the gardens as a workshop for horticulture classes,
so students pay for the privilege of maintaining them, although I must
say most are quite cheerful. It's sort of a reverse park, open to the
public free on weekdays and closed weekends and holidays. A truly
wonderful, quiet place to visit.

> I am very tempted; what can I sell ...?

I'm very pleases so far. It goes a long way further than it's
predecessor in meeting the desire for a go anywhere camera that can
deliver first class images.

Moose