Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem

Subject: Re: [OM] 5D II pattern noise problem
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:48:44 -0600
I'm curious as to whether a change in RAW converters might clear that noise
pattern. I've had similar patterns with my A1 and E1 and when I open the
files in RawTherapee I change from one algorithm to another and it has a
huge impact on pattern noise. It makes me suspect that the 5DMk2, as well as
the 50D, might have a slightly different RGBG configuration than previous
cameras.

Regardless, one has to dig pretty deep to get that noise, though.

If the noise pattern is fixed, you might be able to do a "dark exposure" for
inverting on the real photo.

AG