Re: [OM] How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop in 10 seconds flat

Subject: Re: [OM] How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop in 10 seconds flat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 20:59:45 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Why not use Adjustment Layer (Hue/Saturation) > pull down yellow >  lighten >
> erase everything but the teeth > adjust level opacity?
> It's fairly quick and you could straighten that front tooth as well!

Will work fine, especially as modified in my last to Chuck, but I find
that route slower than simply selecting the teeth with the QST and
clicking a mask on the layer. Select teeth, CTRL-Shift-I and Delete is
more key/mouse strokes and requires moving hand from mouse to keyboard,
compared to Select, click on the mask icon. Remember the time challenge
in the subject line. :-)

I generally prefer a layer mask to erasing simply because it is
adjustable. When I started with PS, I did a lot of erasing, all too
often had to go back to fine tune it, then had to redo anything done
after the erase. A mask is infinitely changeable. A big time and trouble
saver for me.

Moose