Re: [OM] How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop in 10 seconds flat

Subject: Re: [OM] How to whiten yellow teeth in PhotoShop in 10 seconds flat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:06:13 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Works like a charm
> <http://www.shootsmarter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=478&acat=15>

Interesting enough. I guess I must be a more sophisticated user than I
feel like, as I am familiar with and use most of the hints that show up
in places like that.

The Hue/Saturation Tool is also quite useful for correcting color
fringing. What he doesn't mention is that one may tune the color range
to be affected using the eyedroppers and/or the sliders along the
rainbow on the bottom. Both range fully affected and feathering into
adjacent colors are adjustable.

However, most of the time, there is a quicker simpler way to get nice,
white teeth (5seconds? 7?). First, I find the Quick Selection Tool (in
CS3 or later) to be a quicker, better choice than the Lasso for the
selection. He's right about checking the selection edge settings in
Refine Edge.

Next, try the central dropper in the Levels or Curves Dialog boxes.
Click it on an area of the teeth that should be neutral colored. Right
click the dropper to set the size of the area used for sampling; too
large or small may give unexpected results. Usually, this will instantly
give white teeth.

If you do the work on a layer, you can make subtle adjustments to the
amount of whitening by adjusting the Layer Opacity.

Moose