Re: [OM] Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 250/f2.0 samples
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 22:46:26 +0800
I also have the EG-S installed for my 5D II, with a F2 lens there could be
focus shift with the standard bright screen, I had experience problem with
the 90/2.

IMO the MF focusing system of Canyon is not as good as OM, the focusing
screen is pushing up by spring on the lower side (FS holder), there are two
spacers and a thick plastic (with focusing point) before the focusing
screen, any dust of dirty get between them will affect focusing accuracy. It
seems that sometime I have to re-lock the focusing screen to get accurate
focus.

For the OM, the lower side of the FS holder is the focus determination
point, there is no further parts which will affect the focus and the pusher
is from top to bottom.

BTW, the OOF characteristic of 250/2 looks excellent!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewelliottgalbally/4082136121/sizes/l/

C.H.Ling