Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?

Subject: Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:45:25 -0000
$200 is not as high as it has been, Richard - one copy was offered on Amazon
for $999 just a few months back. So what constitutes a "fair price" might be
open to debate :-)

>From his postings on APUG, it seems likely that Ralph Lambrecht (the author)
has exhausted his supply but it would be well worth following up direct, as
suggested by Frank Filippone on the other list.

Edition 2 is supposed to be out in Spring 2010, but my "sources in the UK
book trade" suggest that it will be in June.  I guess the US edition could
be several months after that. This is what Ralph says about it in postings
on APUG:
"if I were you, wait for edition2. It will be worth the wait. The last six
years have been filled with intensive studies, research and testing."
"The book has grown by almost 75% in content ... (estimated weight 3.1 kg
[6.5 pounds])."
"I can give you the short answer of 'lots of changes and lots of new
content'. Ed1 had 304 pages, Ed2 will have well over 500 pages. This edition
will be a hard-cover book due to volume, but its size and layout will not
change. Ed2 will have over 1,000 illustrations and photographs, and we cover
some obvious omissions of Ed1 (mounting, framing, print presentation) and
added lots of new content..."

Piers