Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?

Subject: Re: [OM] "Way Beyond Monochrome," anyone has a copy?
From: Richard Man <richard.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:09:47 -0800
Ooo... I hope people don't mind that we talk about film stuff here :-)

So Ken, I am assuming that the Zone Master II + Stop Clock is similar
to my RH Designs Analyser Pro - so in your initial test strips, do you
just divide by 1/2 or bias one way or another depending on the
proposed paper grade?

For example, with the Analyser Pro, I'd take a highlight and shadow
reading. If the neg is average contrast, it will give a timing based
on grade 2 and peg the two readings on Zone II and VIII. If the neg is
not of average contrast, I will have to, for example, move to grade 1+
for the two readings to sit at the right places. So in this case,
should I pre-bias and assume that I will need may be 1/4 stop more on
the low grade exposure and do the test strips that way? It makes
logical sense and my test last night seems to support that. Of course
with split grade, I suppose the idea is that we can play around with
different ratio and have different interpretation. I am thinking that
this must be similar to doing curve adjusting on digital....

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.imagecraft.com/pub/Portfolio09/ blog: