Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 07:26:34 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2009 10:32:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

A  lawsuit can bankrupt a small farmer, and any settlement due the original

large owner may be settled by transfer of the land.  Hence, the small
farmer
is gone, and the large company just keeps growing.

I saw a  TV show based on this premise, about 2 weeks ago.

In two words, "That sucks."  Seems to me the small farmer would have
grounds for recourse against the big company that polluted is natural strain of

seeds.  Where is the ACLU when you need them?  Are the small farmers  not
being deprived of "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?"    Bill Barber