Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:55:21 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2009 8:31:07 A.M. Central Standard Time,
omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Farmers  who buy seeds from Monsanto (? or is
it ADM) are told they are not allowed  to save seeds from future harvests
and doing so would make them subject to  arrest.

How is that different from:

Buying a copy of Photoshop, making bootleg copies and selling them

or

Selling one of your images for "one time use" and the buyer taking and
using it multiple times without paying you or perhaps "sharing" it with others
who use it without paying for its use

It seems pretty simple to me.  Something is offered for sale with some
restrictions.  If you buy it you agree to the restrictions.  If don't  agree,
you don't buy.  If you do buy and violate the restrictions, you  create legal
problems for yourself because of your theft.  Choices.   We all have to
live with the consequences of our choices.  In my view, if  you steal, lie or
cheat, you give up your right to complain about the  consequences of your
intentional acts.  Am I missing something?  Bill  Barber