Re: [OM] Exposure Was: raw vs JPG Was:No E-System pro camera until 2010

Subject: Re: [OM] Exposure Was: raw vs JPG Was:No E-System pro camera until 2010
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:10:26 -0700
I think that the key to Brian's problems is summed up here:

Brian Swale wrote:

"I don't know what it is, but with the OM4Ti and print film, and letting it
decide
the exposure most of the time, most of the time the shots come out well
exposed."

Shooting digital is much more akin to shooting slides in the film world -
generally narrower dynamic range, and more sensitive to color shifts. I suspect
that the transition is more difficult for those who came from primarily
shooting prints than it is for those like myself who shot primarily slides.