Re: [OM] ( OM ) Filters for digital

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Filters for digital
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:15:05 -0700
Chuck,

I am not sure that I completely agree with you here. First of, UV and
grad ND filters, while not cheap, are not all that expensive either, and
some folks may already have them from their film days. Secondly, the
digital darkroom is anything but free, software costs, and computer
hardware are not cheap either.

In the end, cost may well be a wash depending on where you are starting
from. In the end it probably is more a matter of personal preference -
for me, I would rather to things in the field via filters than at the
computer. It is not that one is any better than the other, but I really
do not enjoy working at the computer myself.

Jim Couch