Re: [OM] 357 batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:19:39 -0200
That's about half what I pay for them, in packages of 10 - packages of
20 are not for sale here.

You may have observed that Renata belongs to the Swatch Group. This
group doesn't only make the inexpensive (but quite accurate) Swatch
watches. It makes Longines watches too. The expensive Longines are
self-winding, but one very same model (say the now discontinued
'Oposition Chrono' model) is built either quartz-driven or
self-winding, only visible difference is that the mechanic body bottom
surface is made of sapphire and the electronic is made of stainless
steel. Their rep. in Mvd uses Renata batteries, quite naturally :-) I
asked about this issue at Freccero Joyas after I bought the OM4 to
John. Renata batteries must be good, don't you think so?