Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing Police Officers - Clarification from No10
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 08:10:59 -0400
I always thought marks in the road aided in speed monitoring from aircraft.
Clay

>>> Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/1/2009 5:32 AM >>>
As I understand it, the lines on the road are not to indicate the
presence of the camera to the motorist, but are part of the
measurement system for some models of speed-check camera.  I assume
the photo/flash shows the movement of the car and they count how many
lines have been crossed in a certain time period.  Others may know
more of the details...
br
jez