Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:17:39 -0500
Dawid,

I am aware that the nourishment runs beneath the bark.  However, this tree
has dropped more and more brown leaves each summer for the last several
years.  This year, in August, the brown leaves covered our patio and clogged
the gutters.  Because it was only a few feet from the house, and in a
direction from which the prevailing storm winds blow, we felt we had to take
it down.  I would love to have saved it, but felt the risk was not worth it.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA