[OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree

Subject: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:11:45 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For more than two years, we have watched a large oak, very close to our house,
gradually deteriorating.  Several weeks ago, I had the tree checked with a
device that records the density of the wood.  I showed a hollow area near the
center of the tree.  Since the usual southwest winds that we get during storms
would bring the tree down on our house, we had it removed yesterday.  The photo
shows that, in the lower part of the trunk, the heart of the tree was gone.

So, a tree that we have enjoyed for forty-two years is no more.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Oak+Tree.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA