Re: [OM] Cranky 4T hot shoe--suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cranky 4T hot shoe--suggestions?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:22:35 -0400
It doesn't sound to me as though the problem is external contacts on the
hot shoe or the flash units... you've scrubbed them to death.  Except
for your T32 comment I would have said the problem is with the T28.  My
suspicion is that the apparent randomness is a problem with the wiring
in the T28 and when you touch it or move it to another camera you're
affecting the outcome by jostling a wire and creating an open circuit.

I'd suggest you go back to the T32 or another flash and see if you
really can create a failure with that flash on the 4T.  Just for
completeness you might also want to test manual flash firing via the PC
connector on the 4T.

Chuck Norcutt