[OM] OM 4Ti mirror lock up - but batteries are Ok.

Subject: [OM] OM 4Ti mirror lock up - but batteries are Ok.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:39:23 -0300
John,

I did it. Pulled the spring with great care, but about 0.3mm of spring
came out from the press fit.
Didn't check anything after that - didn't put batteries again into the
chamber since I thought a short-circuit may happen: there's a too-long
spring there, now.
Now I have two problems, I went out shooting today with three Zuiko and
the failure ratio was 0.3 (3 failures in 15 shots).
The screw at the left of the chrome battery cap is damaged, cannot
unscrew it and if I could I'd certainly wouldn't be able to put it back
properly into place. A new (not damaged) screw is needed.

Thought about sending it to you asap, may arrive in 10-15 days.
If you agree, we're still on time to send it to Daniel Ferraro at
Fairfield CT.

I feel rather reluctant to send it back to Olympus, doubt I will ever be
able to have another chance to get an OM 4Ti as nice as this one.

Already took off all the plastic caps, MD cap and the rings for the
straps. Tomorrow I will pack it well enough (most probable into the same
cardboard box Chuck sent the 300/4,5).

Will ship it as soon as you tell me what else to do.

Fernando.