[OM] Little Olympus users growing...

Subject: [OM] Little Olympus users growing...
From: Fabio Fiorellato <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:51:47 +0200
Hi list,

just wanted to share with you a (grainy and fairly horrible
mobile-phone-taken) picture of my biggest son, Federico (aka 'Kiko') wearing
- and actually *using* - the OM-1n I had acquired from one of you list
members some years ago... :)

The picture is here: [ http://flowerside.netsons.org/misc/ChicOly.jpg ]

That cute little guy went wandering around the small village in the Southern
Italian appennines where we were staying, taking pictures of drain tubes and
other interesting (!) items he met during the journey: lamp posts, cats,
rusty locks, archways...

Attached to the camera there was an E.Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 focused to 2 meters
and stopped down to f/8 (the shutter time I set on camera was arguably
1/125, given the ISO 100 colour film we were using and the fairly lit day).

He shot almost 20 frames before asking me to carry the weighty (!) outfit,
that I was pleased to pass him whenever he found something interesting to
take pictures at. He even took some portraits of me myself... :)

The morning after, he simply *stole* the camera (he was able to correctly
pull the rewind lever and arm the shutter without any help) with a G.Zuiko
35mm f/2.8 on, and started taking pictures of the view outside his room's
balcony... He was strangely silent during the process... :D

Boy, these are things that make every photo-enthusiast dad as proud as he
could be!

As soon as the rolls will be developed, I'll let you know if the guy has
"the eye" or not...

BTW: when he was something less than 2 years old (now he's 4 years and a
half) I found him enjoying pulling out straight from the protruding tail, at
least ten (10!) unexposed B/W film rolls I didn't care to store away from
his curious hands... He still remember that episode and laughs at it. Me, I
laugh not. At least not when he's around... :)

Ciao!

Fabio

--
The definitive answer to the meaning of life, universe and everything else
is: 42.