Re: [OM] New arrival from the lab

Subject: Re: [OM] New arrival from the lab
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:12:41 +0200
Yeah yeah.... blah blah... I think all such compositional 'rules'
constrain the
artist's mind's freedom. This rule works to ensure that bland
landscape snapshots
are not extra-bland, but in Ken's example, exhibiting wonderful colour
and geometry,
it may even enhance the image by forcing us to look at these finer
points. It's as if it
purposefully gives the middle finger to composition. I like it.

P.S. We are also not supposed to tilt horizons, but I've done it once
or twice on purpose,
e.g.
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2008/015/f/9/Divisions_of_faith_by_philosomatographer.jpg