[OM] E-3 strange behaviour

Subject: [OM] E-3 strange behaviour
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:56:04 +0200
Hi list,

I thought I would share my recent strange experience with the E-3 with
you. Maybe one of you could shed some light on this.

Last month, while in SF, I chimped the photos I just took an noticed my
photos were not sharp at all, but very fuzzy. Shutterspeed were well
withing range of handheld possibilities, especially since I usually seem
to have quite a steady hand. I tried solving the problem by taking off
the lens and reconnecting it, switching the camera off and on and even
removing the battery and reinsertingit. Only shutting off IS did the
trick. Without IS all photos came out normal. For the time being I
decided to do without IS. In the evening I retried with several test,
but the problem persisted when IS was shitched on. I decided to reser
the camera with a factory reset. It did the trick! IS worked again. I
did have to install all my settings back in the camera, but the problem
has not returned since and I have taken about 1000 images without
problem so far.

Since I bought the camera in February it is still under full warranty,
but what do you guys think? Should I send it in? I can immagine getting
it back (after some weeks probably) without any work done on it, because
the problem could not be reproduced.

Another question for the ones to have experience with both the E-1 and
the E-3: Is your experience too that the E-3 images look a bit softer
than the ones on the E-1? Don't get me wrong, I really love my E-3 for
many of it's features, but I miss the biting sharpness I experience with
the E-1. All image settings on both cameras are set to neutral/0 and I
only have one set of lenses, so the lenses cannot be the difference. Is
this caused by the 10Mpix sensor vs the 5Mpix one or should I start
making testimages to look for front/back focus problems?

Any help woth both questions is greatly appreciated.

Wiliam