Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...

Subject: Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:48:29 -0400
> So - don't start at the bottom, and acquire a heap of gear n a
> 'journey to the top'. Get, for your needs,
> a couple of top items, and you will immeidately feel that nothing else
> is necessary.

I have done that already. I own some of the best stereo cameras ever made
(from the German company RBT, www.rbt-3d.de)

"Nothing else is necessary" is true only if you are doing one type of
photography.

A stereo camera has a fixed stereo base (distance between the lenses).
There are a lot of applications where a different stereo base is needed.
The Olympus gear will cover the areas of variable stereo base, such as:

- Hyperstereos (two cameras separated by larger distances)
- Hypo/close-up stereo (one camera and a slide bar)
- Macro/micro photography
- Astrophotography

For these applications I was using Minolta equipment at first.  Then sold
them to acquire Pentax equipment because one of my RBT stereo cameras uses
Pentax lenses.  I was never happy with Pentax, so I briefly flirted with
Nikon equipment.  And now, I am settling for Olympus.

What I have spend so far for Olympus gear is only a small fraction of just
one stereo camera.  This one:
http://www.rbt-3d.de/upload/bilder/S3_silber_vorne.jpg

George