Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...

Subject: Re: [OM] You know you need therapy when...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 00:30:30 EDT
The OM 1 and 1n bodies should be sent off to zuiko.com for a CLA and
conversion to modern batteries.  This will be the best money your have  spent
on
OM equipment.  John works magic with these OMs and also  the newer ones.  If
you end up with a bunch of decent 50mm 1.8s that you  don't need, let me
know.  I could use perhaps 5 or 6 extras.  Bill  Barber

In a message dated 8/13/2009 11:09:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
drt-3d@xxxxxxx writes:

>  George, this is called the hunting and gathering phase.    <{B^)  Bill
> Barber

Bill, you are absolutely  right!  That's exactly how I feel about it.

Two months ago I did  not own a single Olympus OM product.  Now, after a
very
fruitful  hunting season, my drawers are overflowing with nice Olympus  OM
products....

As I said before, I am almost done, gathering the  essentials. (NOTE:
"essentials"... I will continue hunting but only special  things... No more
OM-1, OM-10, 50mm/1.8, you get the point)

When I  am done (gathering essentials), I will post here a list of what I
have  bought, just for your entertainment and possible amazement...

I will  then get to the next phase, where I will actually use some of  that
stuff!  I plan to test the cameras and the lenses. Find matched  pairs of
lenses (for my stereo photography).  And decide what to keep  and what to
re-sell.

The last phase will be the great DrT Olympus  OM sale.  I don't need 5 x
100mm lenses.  Two (matched pair) are  perfect for me.  I don't need a dozen
OM1s.  Three good working  bodies should be plenty.

I really like simplicity and I am a minimalist  by nature.

George

PS. Sorry about the esnipe joke... I did not  invent it... I was only one of
the first users.