Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Doctor Monitor, if he exists
From: khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:33:36 +0800
Thanks for the heads-up Jeff. You mention this model that comes with Vista
64. Unfortunately I hate Vista and I'm wondering if Dell offers a
backward-compatibility option where I can use XP Pro at least for now until
Windows 7 is right and ready. Like I replied CH Ling, I'm interested to know
how you'd pitch the quad core to the duo core Intel processor. What would be
the benefits of quad over duo when it comes to dealing with photo editing.
I haven't really paid much attention to Dell's displays admittedly. I'll
have to check and see what they're offering over in this part of the world.
Thanks again, Jeff.

K.

2009/8/13 Jeff Keller <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Khen,
>
> Be sure to check out Dell Outlet - if you have the time sign up for their
> emails. About once a week they send out an email with a special. Often 15%
> off and sometimes free shipping. $650 got a quad core, 6GB ram (Vista 64),
> 2
> HDMI video out, 640GB hard disk, they call it an XPS Studio desktop model.
>
> Their 24" UltraSharp monitors are good but I just had one fail after about
> 2
> years (the other two are older and holding up fine). The non-UltraSharp
> model I got isn't nearly as nice. At one time Will Crocket of Shoot Smarter
> recommended the 24" UltraSharp. I think others may have overtaken them but
> they are still good.
>
> Jeff Keller
>

> --

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people” - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney