Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?

Subject: Re: [OM] Question: Mirror and aperture pre-fire?
From: "DrT \(George Themelis\)" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:41:37 -0400
>> Is this a feature only in the OM-4?  How is it activated?
>
> It is activated by simply using the self-timer on the OM-2Sp,  OM-4
> series, OMPC and OM2000 bodies. When the shutter release is pressed, the
> aperture and mirror actions take place immediately. The shutter waits to
> fire until the self timer delay finishes.

Very interesting, thank you Moose!

This is not a feature in the OM-10, my favorite camera? :)

I think I have a couple of OM-2Sps, I'll check.

Do I need an OM4?  I do not really care for the stop metering. In stereo, I
prefocus and set the apertures and shutter speeds identically in both
cameras.  What else will the OM4 give me?

I also like to shoot TTL with flash in slide bar stereo with ONE camera.  I
think the OM2 has TTL flash.

Thank you for any advice.

George TNG