Re: [OM] R.I.P. - 200EG

Subject: Re: [OM] R.I.P. - 200EG
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:15:40 -0500

> Can't say that it will work with your case and it might.  Ask  them.
> Somewhere along the way I learned an important lesson in life, "If  you
> don't
> ask, you don't get."

Good plan.  Will do.  It just may be that they will consider this to be a
manufacturing defect or something.

The fact is, regardless of the foibles, I have really enjoyed this bag and
still consider it to be one of the best dollar/value photographic items I've
ever come across. However, it never was up to the same level of use/abuse as
the stuff that LowePro and Tamrac makes.  My Magnum looks like it's been
through war (and it might well have been since I bought it used for $10),
but it'll probably still outlast me. This is true with all LowePro bags I've
seen.  You just can't kill them through normal use.

The Magnum is a "work out of the car" or "set it down at the location" bag.
Loaded down with a couple of motordrive equipped cameras and a dozen lenses
and flashes makes it a bear to carry more than Walt's 100 feet from the
car.  The Elite has been my favorite "carry, but leave on shoulder" bag, but
it's limited to a single motordrive-equipped camera and three lenses.

AG