Re: [OM] V700 scanning was - Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] V700 scanning was - Digital landscapes - example
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:51:30 +0200
Hi,

I use Vuescan on Mac OS X / Macbook Pro. You know, as a software
architect,
I find Vuescan to be an exceptionally amateur-ish piece of software
with a
badly designed user interface, it's really at the level of some
immature piece
of open-source software, but the results do speak for themselves -
very nice
"out the box".

The software's slogan - "the image is everything" - certainly accurate!

Anyway, perhaps just spend a couple of minutes with the user manual? I
don't have
the scanner here at work, so I can't fire it up and see exactly how to
select areas,
but I just do a preview scan (button bottom left) and then simply drag
(select)
rectangular areas in the preview window.

You can also pre-select specific capture sizes in a drop-down menu on
the left.