Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Digital landscapes - example
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:24:51 -0500

> That's interesting.  I've found little need to dig around in the
> detailed menus because I get just about everything done with the
> buttons/dials and the quick menu on the LCD.  For some reason I feel
> less need for the custom reset feature as a result (I haven't even set
> it up on the E-3 yet).  I also think shooting RAW actually makes the
> "camera wrastling" less of a chore.

The "all inclusive" status/settings screen really is outstanding and I agree
that it minimizes dancing the "Menu Mash". This was one of the things I was
referring to about the multiple methods to accomplish the same task.
 Whether reviewers will admit it or not, Olympus really did do a good job
setting that screen up, but it still doesn't give you a customized baseline
for returning a camera and all settings back to a user-defined norm.

But then again, I've been bit a time or two with the OM bodies,  because of
a mis-dialed exposure-compensation or a shutter-speed ring set to red-60...

AG