Re: [OM] What worked, what didn't

Subject: Re: [OM] What worked, what didn't
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:26:44 -0500

> Wow Ken!  You carry a lot of stuff!  Thanks for the interesting posting.

Well, two weeks in the mountains of Colorado and working out of the back of
a Jeep allowed me to carry more stuff than normal.  If I was backpacking, it
would have been a mere fraction of the kit.

Film does require more equipment than Digital if you are a multi-format or
multi-medium photographer.  As I was committed to both Color and B&W, this
required two cameras and for some reason I decided to bring a spare--which
paid off. So, that's three cameras, compared to the current digital
philosophy of one camera.  Lenses had minimal overlap, but shooting primes
increases the equipment count quite a bit.

Last night, I broke down the trip kit and put things back to my various "go
kits".

There is the digital bag, which contains the E-1 with 14-54 as well as the
Tokina AT-X 100-300/4. As I do occasional portrait/event work with this kit,
there are a pair of Vivitar 285HV flashes with wireless remotes in the bag.
Other than that, the bag is pretty well complete, but I have a spot for an
additional camear of some form to toss in there on-demand.

There is the B&W bag--a small shoulder bag, which contains the OM-3Ti,
35/2.8, 100/2.8 and 200/4 lenses as well as the filter-set.

The Film-bag has the OM-2S and OM-4T cameras with MD2 drives, 35-80, 24/2.8,
35/shift, 50/3.5 and 300/4.5 lenses.

At any time, I can grab an item from any bag and substitute in another bag.

This is my configuration-du-jour.

AG