Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:38:45 -0700
DrT (George Themelis) wrote:

> Did digital really happen?  Someone, please, wake me up! :)
>
> I wonder if there are people in this list *actively* shooting film with
> their Olympus OM cameras. If so, why?
>
> Even though I use digital exclusively for "work" (web/ebay), for personal
> photography I use slide film in my stereo cameras.
>
> Nothing in digital compares to the quality and realism of looking at a
> pair
> of sharp stereo slides in a good 3-D viewer.  Progress is being made, but
> have not seen anything to convince me to switch to digital stereo
> photography.... So, I keep shooting/mounting stereo slides, despite the
> cost
> and time required.
>
> George

I'm not a professional photographer, but I don't even own a digital, unless
you count my cell phone camera. The biggest reason for me is that I just
can't justify that large of a one time expense of a good high quality
system. Sure it might be cheaper than film in the long run, but as a
hobbiest, it's just not worth it to me. The only thing that has even made me
consider it is that it would be nice to have the instant feedback that a
digital with a screen on it offers.

Just my 2 cents,
Darin