Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film vs digital (OM Lot)
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 00:35:24 -0400
George,

I shoot a couple rolls a week average in my OM bodies, plus I put a bit of
film through my Hasselblad too. I had two digital SLRs, a Nikon D200 and a
D70. I never use them. I gave my son the D70, he shoots with it a lot. Check
out my website, its is 90% film. The digital stuff was shot back when I had
a Kodak 14n, a fullframe digital camera that I tried to use to go all
digital. I got a lot of great stuff from the 14n, but I missed the look of
black and white film and medium format color film, and I HATED the
ergonomics of the 14n and my other digital bodies. Even the Hasselblad,
which is a pain in the ass to shoot with, is nicer to work with than the
14n. I'm back to being nearly 100% film, though I did break out the D200 to
shoot a rainbow that appeared after a storm last week, and the pics looked
pretty cool!

My comment about digital 'happening' was a reference to the prices of used
film cameras dropping to near-zero after most people went digital. OM bodies
are fairly unique in that some of them do still sell for high prices used,
like the OM-4T and the OM-3Ti. Most 35mm film SLRs sell on ebay for less
than $50 now, 1/3 what they would have sold for in the pre-digital era.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography