Re: [OM] ( OM ) nearly, or not quite

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) nearly, or not quite
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:09:31 +1000
A suggestion I've seen somewhere 'round the traps might work for some
people. It involves converting the pages of the camera's manual into
individual jpgs, and storing them on a camera-compatible card. You can
then carry this card with you, and if ever you need to look at the
manual, just pop it in the camera and zoom away on the pages.

I've not tried it for practicality (so take this suggestion with a
grain of salt), and there are obviously personal variations you may
prefer (keeping only specific pages handy; just the "pocket  guide" if
your camera has one; making up your own set of instructions as a jpg;
keeping them on all your cards as a "locked" file - I believe most
cameras allow this, yes? - that won't be deleted when you erase all
images). Still, it might work okay for those travelling light with
their digi and who want to manual available.

Cheers,
Marc
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery