Re: [OM] Hi Res film scans on a CD

Subject: Re: [OM] Hi Res film scans on a CD
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:09:37 -0500

> This raises the question of which 100 and 400 films today are the best
> for scanning.

The Kodak Portra films scan about the best of anything out there, but Fuji
160S has nicer color (in my opinion).  You can't go wrong with the Portra
films or the Fuji pro 160 and 400 films.

On a side note, I actually find Fuji Superia 400 to scan exceptionally well.
 It is grainy, but the color and saturation holds very well. The Kodak Gold
films are slightly less grainy during scanning, but to give them the same
color/saturation as the Fuji film, the grain is right back up there in your
face.

AG