Re: [OM] Resolution? Which resolution? [was Value for money?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Resolution? Which resolution? [was Value for money?]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:15:29 -0400
Indeed.  It has leveled the small guys right out of the business.  Let's
see, where are: Alpa, Bronica, Contax, Konica, Minolta, Miranda, Rollei,
Yashica and others?  Some of these didn't even make it past the first
onslaught of electronics for metering, exposure control and focusing.
Unlike Konica and Minolta they didn't have to wait for sensors and image
processing engines to knock them off.  You can hire a fabrication house
to build your sensors and engines but that doesn't mean you have the
talent in-house to design such things.

But perhaps you were addressing the quality of Oly software as a means
of leveling the field?

Chuck Norcutt