Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 13:08:59 +0800
I don't understand how dpreview test the lens' "Nyquist frequency" with a
low res 5D. But any day I will take a higher resolution camera if I can
justify for the cost, storage memory and processor power, I think I need
40MP at least.

Have a look on this test site with 70-200/4 IS, even at F11 I see the result
of 1Ds Mark III better than 1Ds Mark II not to mention the 5D.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?FLI=0&API=0&Lens=404&FLIComp=0&APIComp=3&LensComp=118&CameraComp=9&SampleComp=0&Camera=453

I remember people mentioned the 'aerial resolution' (?) of lenses can over
200lp/mm. And the guy in a Tamron lens site mentioned he seen 100 lines per
mm (I'm pretty sure he mean line pair) with a Tamron 24-48 while Modern
Photography only seen 50 lines per mm with film, he believe the different is
limitation of film.

http://www.adaptall-2.com/articles/Resolution_and_Contrast.html

I'm with Ken, I believe we need much higher resolution sensor to resolve the
details then 2 pixels per line pair consider the details may not be
perfectly aligned with sensor. I have a strong feeling that my 24/2 can do
better with higher than 21MP sensor.

C.H.Ling