Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:41 -0500
Well, I disagree in one aspect. It takes a minimum of twice the sensor
resolution to maximize lens resolution--and that's when the res chart is
perfectly aligned with the sensor. What about diagonal details?  Sorry, you
need much more sensor resolution than what the lens is capable of producing.

But to what end?  Will I feel inferior at the scenic overlook because I
don't have a 5Dmk2?  Will I be so distraught over the limitations of my
equipment that I'll give up photography?

Nonsense!  If my lowly E-1 can produce nearly perfect 11x14 prints, from a
resolution perspective, why worry?  Even the E-1 is usually more capable
than this photographer and the output (prints) are the limiting technology.
Sure, there are upward limits on how big you can print before the technical
aspects of the image start to deteriorate, but just maybe I need to focus
less on technical aspects and more on artistic aspects.

AG