Re: [OM] Acadia NP and other stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Acadia NP and other stuff
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:59:06 -0400
Boris, you and Moose are simply going to have to stop telling people
I'm not a grump. You're going to ruin my carefully crafted reputation.
Of course I can't hold a candle to Andrew F., so maybe it's just as
well the list knows I'm really a pussy cat, a touchy-feely sensitive
New Age kind of guy. <g>

For the rest of you . . . it was a pleasure to spend an hour or so
with Boris and his charming family. (Much more charming than he is,
but then we all knew that, didn't we. <g> Just kidding, Boris.)

And I do apologize for picking Moody's Diner for a rendezvous. It is a
Maine Tourist Attraction since the 1920s, and has killer pies,
especially of the whoopie variety, but it does not have beer. When
Moose and Madam motored through a few years back, we met at Anchor Inn
in Round Pond, which does serve beer. Unfortunately, Boris & Co. were
zooming down Route 1 toward Bradbury Mountain State Park. The detour
to Round Pond would have cost them more time than they had. As it was,
I gave them directions from Bar Harbor that brought them through some
of Maine's more, ah, scenic countryside. Definitely Blue Highways stuff.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com