Re: [OM] Acadia NP and other stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Acadia NP and other stuff
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:14:00 -0500
On the subject of wines, I can highly recommend:

http://bothamvineyards.com

Good wineries are a dime-a-dozen, but some are definitely better than others
without costing an arm and a leg.

Probably about 15-20% of the grapes used in Peter's wines are from his own
vines, the rest come in from elsewhere.  This keeps the variability much
lower and stops that "syrup one year, cool-aide the next."  These are
artisan wines which are very drinkable and have no bad habits--a wine that
is exactly what you expect with that extra "hmm-I Like!" The guy is insanely
detailed and beyond anal-retentive when it comes to cleanliness. He is a
geek when it comes to auto-racing and wines.  He actually gives a rip about
how it tastes.

Average bottle cost is around $9 which is higher than WIAB (Wine in a Box),
but tends to be lower in alcohol content, the drys are dry but not squeaky.
If you like fruity, he has fruity wines, if you don't he has non-fruity.
These are award-winning wines.

Full disclosure:  Peter is an acquaintance of my family.

AG