Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by Ch

Subject: Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by Chuck.
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 23:38:32 -0300
LOL :-)

Yes, both nouns are spoken / written in Spanish, each with quite
different meaning -- don't let Google confuse us on this, may be dangerous.

'Regador' comes from 'regadera': a small tank of a capacity of 5 to 10
liters, which has an upwards-pointing tube ending in a perforated
circular cavity just like a shower (sometimes not, depending on its
capacity, smaller ones which contain 1 - 2 liter don't need it).
An 'irrigador' follows the same hydrostatic / hydrodynamic laws. It has
a widespread use in medicine and dentistry, and maybe in other fields of
practice which I ignore. It names an instrument used to clean closed
cavities, by means of a low intensity hydrodynamic flow of water or
isotonic solution. A dentist would use a very tiny 'irrigador' to clean
a just finished cavity on a dental piece before applying whatever the do
to fill it (must be dried first !!). A surgeon would indicate the use of
a larger one to empty and clean the colon before entering into its
cavity for whatever such a thing is necessary.

Ah, Chuck -- any brain will age slower if you keep it working, I bet you
know that :-)

Rain Birds, that sounds nice: not because of its shape, but because I
frequently watch birds (and dogs, and my daughter when she was only 5)
playing and getting wet under their shower ... a nice picture.

Fernando.

--
Dr. Fernando González Gentile M.D.
Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.