Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by Ch

Subject: Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by Chuck.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 00:35:59 +0800
Don't worry, many of the non L lenses and some L lenses also has purple
fringe. Some Zuiko zooms also do quite well, the 65-200, 50-250, 28-48 are
ok. Don't know about the 80-200/4 Nikkor but the AF 180/2.8 do show some PF
under strong water reflections but not bad.

The 35-70/3.6 and 85-250/5 was said to be very good according to Olympus
Lens Handbook, it can replace single focal length lenses.... but it seems
over stated for the 85-250. The 35-70/3.6 has very good resolution but the
PF at 70mm is also very serious wide open. The Zuiko is not alone, Tamron SP
35-80/2.8-4 also has strong PF same for the SP 70-210 3.5-4.

BTW, I'm not really picky but some lenses' PF are just so serious that can
be seen at a glance.

C.H.Ling