Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 - Your take on the whole plastic thing?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 - Your take on the whole plastic thing?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:50:22 +0200
This will be an ongoing discussion. I love metal bodied instruments,
but plastic is a too generalized word, just like metal. The 3Ti has a
titanium shell, but also many plastic parts inside.
The plastics of today are amazing. I trust the product designers,
Olympus has a very good record with plastics,
the 50-250 was plastic, the late 50mm f1.8 is plastic, the 35-70
f3.5-4.5 was plastic, the OM-10, 20 etc cover was plastic, the mju's,
the AF-1,
etcetera.
I also think it is irrational to mount a 300mm or 50-200 to any body
with handling by just the body alone.

Plastic is fantastic :) Meta

Iwert