Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:04:28 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:
> It is NOT true

It is true that both exist.

> , in most cases color fringing is the problem of lens not digital sensor.

Yup, that doesn't mean the other doesn't exist. I've seen examples with
the same lens on film and Ff digital, with fringing in only the digital
image. Else Leica and Koduck wouldn't have gone to all that trouble with
offset sensor site lenses in the M8 sensor.

> Are you telling me that the purple fringe here is due to sensor?

Heavens no. You may recall that I've worked on the CA in that image.

What I AM saying is that posts in this thread have gone back and forth
talking CA all the time, but referring to things like telecentricity and
lack thereof and the lens aberration using the same term, "CA". That's
sloppy and can lead to misunderstanding.

Moose