Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:37:10 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I guess I didn't catch on because it sounded too much like your Current
> Think.  :-)

Indeed, business as usual.

> Anyhow, did anyone attempt to fix the CA from that sample (as I did) but
> perhaps with a better outcome?

OK, so I'm blind. I looked and didn't see it. Perhaps you could send or
post a part of the image with the CA circled and color defined. I've
seen color fringing elsewhere. I saw lots of soft, mostly bluish 'echos'
of edges in the glass reflections, but that's reflections off multiple
glass surfaces. I looked at chrome, sequins - what am I missing?

By the way, not aimed at Chuck, but all the participants in this
discussion:

Although they can appear similar, CA is a lens aberration, while color
fringing effects from the angle at which light impinges on a digital
sensor is an entirely different thing.

By mixing up the two possibilities in this discussion, you obscure, not
illuminate, the issues.

If there is either or both in the center of the image, it must be a
fault in the individual equipment, as both increase as distance from the
center increases and no big maker is incapable of controlling them in
the center. Assuming that a few samples from first sample equipment is
indicative of a great failure of ability and sense on the part of the
maker is illogical.

A. Blind Moose