Re: [OM] GPS suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS suggestions
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:30:35 +0200
Hi Bob,

I drive in the UK a couple of times a year, and it really is not
difficult at all. You get used to driving on the left within 5 minutes
of getting off the ferry, as well as the fact that you have to look
right rather than left when entering a roundabout. Really, the only
problem is if you are alone in the car on a small country road and
need to pass another vehicle--since you are sitting on the wrong side
of the car, you have no way of seeing whether there is any oncoming
traffic. Of course, this applies when I go there in my Continental
car; if you rent a car locally, you will not even have that problem.

And to make it easier still, English drivers are the most civilized
and curteous ones I have encountered in any country so far.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu