Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:35:14 -0400
Why is it necessary to have a USB interface in order to recognize a
hardware interrupt?  In fact, if it doesn't recognize a hardware
interrupt you are at risk of problems if you change cards and write to
the card since the computer will probably be using the cached directory
of the first card inserted.

That leads to much ugliness which occurred in the early days of PCs with
diskettes but has long since been solved.  Are you also required to
rescan when cards have been changed?  I don't think so.  If a rescan is
required I would consider the hardware and/or software to be defective.

Chuck Norcutt