Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:24:48 -0400
What Moose said.

His comments about file system trickery with the A650 are proper FAT16
and FAT32 behavior but depends on the camera having a proper and full
implementation... something I'd check before trusting.

FAT16's normal limits are 2GB except on Windows NT where 64KB (vs 32KB)
clusters were allowed which allowed for a 4GB limit rather than 2GB.
So, a FAT16 card supporting 4GB can be prepared in your computer but
it's a guess as to whether your camera knows what to do with it because
it's an unusual thing.  Even if designed that way it may not have been
tested and verified that way.  Also, your computer knows nothing of the
specially named folders that are supposed to be on the card and are
created by formatting in the camera.

Chuck Norcutt