Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT making web-pages meaningful for search engine robots

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT making web-pages meaningful for search engine robots
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:52:42 +0100
Brian

I believe that it would be much more useful if you were to register
your site with the search engines.  Google has a specific procedure to
follow:

http://www.google.com/addurl/

But you will need a site map for them.

I expect that all the search engines will have something similar to
register your site with them.

But also you should consider putting meta tags in to describe your
website.  Have a look at the sources of websites and you will see that
most put something in the header.  The word on the street is that the
search robots ignore the meta tags but I don't think so.

Chris