Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT making web-pages meaningful for search engine robots

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT making web-pages meaningful for search engine robots
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:49:44 +0100
As far as I know, Chris, alt tags are there for the accessibility of
images.  I suppose the search engines might look at them but no one
has ever advised me to put alt tags for SEO.  Rather they are there
for when an image is slow in loading or for people who cannot see the
page and have to rely on the alt tag for the description.

But I might be wrong ... I suppose :-)

Chris